Premature Awareness month---November

Fight for Preemies!








picture from March of Dimes

http://www.marchofdimes.com/fightforpreemies



Did you know that the month of November is Prematurity Awareness Month?

From my sweet college friend Stacy's blog:
I guess this is where I blog about myself.... In case you don't know, I was a preemie, born 3 months early. My life started with 2 months in the NICU. I feel so blessed for the modern day technologies that are available to give babies like me a chance at life, and I also feel blessed to have received wonderful care from NICU doctors and nurses. Ever since I was old enough to understand my story, I started saying that I wanted to be a NICU nurse. I went to nursing school to be a NICU nurse, and I made sure to tell my teachers from the very beginning. There was no changing my mind!





As you know, I have been working in the NICU for the past 3 years, and I can honestly say that I have never regretted my decision. Working with sick babies is something that God called me to do, and I have found a joy in my job because I have the privilege of taking care of the little babies. Like any job, there are days where I get stressed, upset, and even tired. But, there are those special days where something unique happens, and God brings me back to understanding why I do what I do.




"Every year, 20 million babies are born too soon, too small and very sick ― half a million of them in the United States. The rate of premature birth has never been higher. In half the cases, we simply don’t understand what went wrong" (March of Dimes). I talked to my OBGYN recently about premature birth, and his answer was it can happen to anybody for no reason at all. So, because of that reason, we should strive to take action in the fight for prematurity.




We need to fight ― because babies shouldn’t have to.
If you know someone who was born premature, blog about them today! Help fight for preemies everywhere!

You can donate online!!

As most of you know I also am a NICU nurse. I am impacted by premature births everyday and everyday i find myself praying for the precious little lives that I take care of. Hoping that they will be able to be as fortunate as me and live a life of many blessings. Don't forget to say a prayer for these little miracles...

some of the premature babies I have taken care of....







Walking to support March of Dimes


Comments

Popular Posts