Time.



Time flies. Somedays I think what are we going to do next and others I am like can I have a second, where did the day go. I can't believe it is almost the end of October and this is my first blog entry for the month.  Wow. October in Santa Rosa Beach is the most beautiful month of the year. The colors and sunsets are breath taking and amazing. Its like it is making up for not having changing of the leaves and the cool crisp air.  I sometime waste my days in worry, self pity, loneliness and just plain boredom. Those days I find myself not asking for help, not reaching out, not loving my kids or my husband like I want to and living a fear filled life. I hate those days, but they happen and I find myself trying to fix myself. I fail. I need something else, not just me. I need FAITH. I need GOD. I need to find myself on my knees close to a LOVE THAT IS EVERLASTING. I know I need that, but why sometimes do I run so far away from it. I feel that the world influences me to control me, to value things that ultimately if I die tomorrow wouldn't matter at all. I am learning. I am looking. I am valuing GOD. I value the days when I wake up and meet God and go to bed and say Goodnight God. Thank you for being there with me all day when I need you the most. I am learning to seek. I am learning to be FAITH FILLED.
I need it as a mom, as a wife, as a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, as a friend. And all the time I spend hating life is wasted time. And time is a gift. A really big, amazing, valuable gift.




I am so thankful for my time here is Santa Rosa Beach/Destin. It will forever be HOME. After moving 8 times, I know that a HOME doesn't have to be a structure. It can be wherever your TIME awaited you.














Time is flying by. Lets use it. 


Time to workout ?---- I had my babies back to back, and I never lost weight after mattie and continued to gain with Mason. After I had Mason I was left the biggest I have been in my life and i was just unhappy, unhealthy and in depression of moving, taking care of two babies all day in a small condo…. and then the best thing happened to me! I joined baby bootcamp and they taught me fitness, about how to continue it for life and how to eat healthy( not diet food- REAL FOOD) In Moderation. 
To keep up what I have made it to I run weekly and I do the 7 minute HIIT ( high intensity interval training ) app or look one up on Pinterest. 





You can set the app for more than 7 minutes, but for all you moms struggling to fit in a workout or wanting to get back in shape this is for you!! HIIT burns lots of calories and it targets your whole body! 
 I still have some work to go, but I am happy with where I am at. Let your toddlers join you. They will like to jump around. Working moms can do this on their lunch break or before they shower. HIIT training is my favorite because it is versatile and you need little equipment. If you are not a mom it is also a great place to start to help you get to where you want to be!


Spaghetti sauce :

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

2 large cans of tomato puree
1 can water 
1 whole onion chopped 
5 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoons of fresh basil
1 tablespoons of fresh oregano
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
 salt to taste  
*the puree is strong so you need salt and sugar to kill the acidity of the tomatoes) if you prefer less salt and no sugar use tomato sauce instead and you probably won't need as much water. 
1 tablespoon of garlic pepper
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 pound hamburger meat 
1/2 pound of Italian sausage or a package of conecuh sausage chopped 
olive oil

use a fair amount of olive oil. heat in pan and add onions and garlic and cook until browned. remove from pan and place in crock pot. Use same pan to brown the meats.

combine other ingredients in crockpot with onions and garlic. add meat and cook on low for 6 hours or until you are ready to eat it.

I use tomato puree or sauce depending on what I have. You can cook it for 2 hours on low on the stove if you don't do it in the crockpot. 


 Its really yummy!! Enjoy!



One of the many lessons I learned from my Papa as he was waiting to meet Jesus : the value of Time. 

All my love, Melanie 










Comments

Popular Posts