Hello 2014…..

2014 started off not so friendly. I lost one of the best people I have ever known. My Papa died on Jan 2 at 1:10 am. I watched him through his 6 month journey with pancreatic cancer. I watched him struggle, I watched him fight, I watched God prepare his heart and help him prepare our hearts for his going home, I struggled to accept what my mind knew. My heart still doesn't want to accept it. My heart aches to hear his advice, his singing, to see his smile. The other day at the beach, I know that I felt him there. He also sent us a ray of sunshine in our picture. I know without a doubt. He used to say that nature is where you could get closest to God. Melanie, he created you and he created this beautiful country we live in. Go out and enjoy it. I am so grateful for our many talks. I recall more now than i did when i listened to him. He definitely left a legacy and I am proud to be his granddaughter. He couldn't have been a stronger person. His faith was unshakeable and his love was unconditional. I pray daily that I could be this way.



I encourage you to find a ray of sunshine today, a ray of joy and realize that you can find happiness if you look for it!

I am starting this blog again to help you grow along with me in Christ, to share mommy tricks and things I've learned having to kids 16 months apart. Im going to share our adventures and how my Papa's death has effected me. Thank you for joining me on this journey, I can only hope to effect as many people as he did. 

All my love always!

Mel


Comments

Popular Posts