Hello end of summer!

I can't believe Summer is ending…. yeah for tourist slowing down and locals taking back over the beach. Sorry tourist, you really should try just moving here :) Its been a luxury for sure. We have had a wonderful summer and are ready for some cooler weather! We are busy getting ready in 24 days my baby girl will be 4!! I am in denial. How do I have a four year old. I am also singing songs of joy. How blessed she is to have had 4 wonderful, healthy years!
      I have been on a health journey for about a year and although the process is slow I  have enjoyed it. I have gotten back in shape and feel the best I think I have ever felt. Who knew your 30's were so wonderful? I have been making some energy balls that the kids, Michael and I all love. We eat them for breakfast with some fruit and sometimes as a snack. They are so easy! No cooking and you can make them as bars or into balls.


Energy Balls:

1 cup quick oats ( i use gluten free )
1/2 c peanut butter
1/3 cup honey (try and use local honey)
1/2 cup milled or ground flax seed
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips


mix together. chill and then either roll into balls or press into a pan with parchment paper and chill, then cut into bars. keep in fridge or freezer. They will last the week in the fridge.

You may add more pb or honey if needed.


My product of the month are these snack cups, the Munchie Mug. I learned about them at bootcamp and they are wonderful. Esp for us travelers :)


http://www.amazon.com/Munchie-Mug-Resistant-Toddlers-materials/dp/B001RJUVS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409773312&sr=8-1&keywords=munchie+mugs





Here are a few photos from this summer :



I have been learning so much about quiet time with God and what it can do for you and your soul. It leaves me feeling refreshed and strong. This world and the constant distraction can smash your joy and rob you of strength but you can fight it with a love that is always there. You must seek it to find it. I find it hard to find this quiet time with being a stay at home mom. I've realized that I can close my eyes at any point of the day and relax my mind to find that quiet strength that is whispering.. come to me and I will give you strength. I encourage you to find that calm, to reach out for it because its not gonna find you if you are tied up in the busy, distracting, i don't have time world, you gotta reach for it. 


Until next time, all my love. Mel



Comments

Popular Posts