Real Life….Is this normal?

      I was talking to a friend last week and I was telling her I HAD THE WORST DAY yesterday. She said really? you wrote a great blog and I couldn't tell you were having a bad day and my response was I WAS WRITING AT NAPTIME!
     That had me thinking that real life isn't always perfect. That there are days I feel like I barley make it. There are days that I compare my life and children to others and it brings me down every time. There are days when I say, God, I am not sure if I was cut out for this. It takes some quiet and Jesus time to recharge my soul at the end of the day and 5 minutes in the bathroom where i can tune out the knocks and little finger under the door. I use a lot of quotes to help me, to encourage me.
    My kids are more WILD then most. They are so different, but a lot of the same. Mattie is quick to anger, full of drama, but is a caretaker and is already worried about you from the time she meets you. Mason is WILD, ruff, tuff as nails, but is soft and tenderhearted. He likes to be cuddled, but Mattie doesn't. Mattie likes perfection, Mason is king of messes. Id like to treat them the same, but they have different needs and wants and desires. I love both of them for who they are even if somedays I only survive on the edge. I have learned to NEVER compare.




    With all this I say that yes, I live in an amazing place with amazing friends, but all moms are in this together. I always have to remember this :


My number one rule is no matter how hard it is GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. Thats why I like to go on adventures. Go walk, explore, or do a simple lap around the neighborhood. 


This has been a quote that I have had to work on. I wear my emotions on my sleeve and i have been working hard to try and not let my frustrations get control of me, but to use my frustrations to better me and my children. THIS IS HARD and I am still working on it. In writing this I want you to know that someone else is where you are at. Raising children is hard. It isn't always easy and it isn't always fun. Keep your head up and keep trucking!!

Here are some real life photos:

                                  This is typical, Mattie pouting and Mason laughing at her.
This was dinner…homemade popcorn in bed. 
Brushing teeth is always endeds with Mason squirting water all over the bathroom 

This is how they eat a sucker!!!!!!!!! 
IPAD time. 30 minutes of quiet time for me!
I don't want this. Can I have something else?????
They never wear pants in the house. They come off like shoes. I have to laugh it off. Some fights just aren't worth it. They are always changing clothes. 


See we are just a crazy little family surviving on prayer, humor, grace and imperfection. 





All my love, 
Melanie


I love overnight oatmeal, waking up with breakfast already ready is amazing and this one is so good! 

Overnight Cinnamon Oatmeal

1 cup steel cut oats
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup brown sugar,  (I have made this with as little as two tablespoons)
2  TBS butter
1/2  tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
Combine all in crockpot and cook on low for 8hrs. 
Variations:
Add up to 1 C raisins/dried fruit or nuts before cooking.
----->> Add 1-2 chopped fresh apple before cooking. ( i do this one, but my  kids are too fond of cooked apples)
Top with fresh fruit (in season) or canned fruit (drained).
Add a pat of butter or a dollop of jam/preserves.
Drizzle with honey.
MAKE SURE TO SPRAY YOUR CROCKPOT WITH COOKING SPRAY OR IT WILL STICK BADLY!   







   

Comments

Popular Posts